9/02/2011

Reading Summation 9 –Wo men liu zhu bu tong de xue ye by Lin, Mali.


Lin, Mali, a pathologists, international exerts in blood, and molecular anthropologists, who has been doing research in blood transfusion medicine. In recent years, she dedicated to genetic research on ethnic groups in Taiwan for Taiwanese’s roots seeking. I was very shocked when I was reading this book because it answered a lot of question I have for years, such as who I am came from and why I don’t look like Chinese people. Under the long-term brainwashing education of KMT government, most of Taiwanese loss the ability to think deep-seated problems because fake illusion can be easily find through deeply thinking. Blood vessel is a very important concept in Chinese culture, and all of Taiwanese in my age learned about “we are Chinese because the blood vessel of Taiwanese is from China.” In other words, the root of Taiwanese is China. What is Taiwanese’s root is the biggest debate issue in Taiwanese politic. Through DNA test of people in different regions, we finally know the facts.
This book shows another point of view of Taiwan sovereignty, and uses SARS as the pathological example to illustrate the track of immigrants of Taiwan. In the book, Taiwanese Minnan ancestors were Baiyue who came from Fujian. In the period of Wu Hu (3.4 to 439 AD), northern central plains moved to south for avoiding wars, and then moved back to north after the wars. In the same time, the sanitization of Baiyue affected the race cognitive of Baiyue and had considered Baiyue as Han (All Chinese has believed as Han race). The most important conclusion is: Taiwan, northern Han Chinese, and northern Asians have a considerable genetic distance. The reason of why this conclusion is so important is “race,” and it is a united front tool of Chinese and Taiwan government. Under the brainwashing education, the government wants Taiwan people believe themselves as Han, so all Taiwanese were came from China. This book breaks this stereotype!
In my personal experience, my face looks not like normal Chinese, and many people believe I was came from Philippines or I and a Hybrid. In fact, many Taiwanese’s face look not like normal Chinese. Before I read this book, I didn’t know how to explain this difference because all of us (Taiwanese and Chinese) are Han race. But now, I can say ”I am not Chinese!”

No comments:

Post a Comment